WE ARE ALL HUNGRY ALL THE TIME: 2017
LINDA MARY MONTANO: Performance for: ART IN ODD PLACES, OCTOBER 12-15, 2017
STATEMENT: Once an anorexic, always an anorexic. Once there are food issues in infancy, there are always food issues, at least this experience is true for me. Throughout my career, I have used my art to address my "life condition." For this AIOP performance I use the symbol of being a prisoner of my autobiography via the reference to prison food-bread and water.
From Thursday, October 12, 2017- Sunday October 15, at 12 noon, I will eat only bread and water. Why? To address my own theological-physical-psychological relationship to food having been continually re-triggered by politically caused WORLD HUNGER.
1. I will take a bus from Saugerties NY to NYC on Sunday morning, October 15th, continuing to eat bread and water on the bus.
2. When I arrive in NYC, I will walk from the bus station to 14th street, the site of AIOP, while eating bread and water.
3. When I reach the area where the AIOP performances are happening, I will be met by two women-collaborators, at approximately 12 Noon.
4. We will stand on the sidewalk and they will apply a blindfold over my eyes.
5. I will say audible words of healing as they slowly feed me a banana and a small yogurt. That is, I will be fed 2 bananas and two yogurts, one from each of the collaborators, who will be dressed like the women from Robert Graham's video: ADDICTED TO LOVE.
6. After I have eaten/been fed, I will iphone the Graham video and we will all dance with everyone there to the song, ADDICTED TO LOVE, intending to send THE FOOD OF LOVE to all who have not eaten that day throughout the world and that is alot of people needing alot of LOVE.
7. After this action, I will immediately walk back to the bus while smiling.
8. I will also find a place to buy a piece of pizza and eat it as I walk up 8th Ave.
9. I will buy a second piece of pizza near The Port of Authority and eat it in the bus while returning to Saugerties NY. I will smile while/after I eat the pizza. Nobody will know that I am smiling.
Linda Mary Montano
AIOP: LINDA NEEDS: If possible a bullhorn so can make R Graham song louder.. If not possible, that is ok
I will put out call for 2 WOMEN PERFORMERS in Franklin Furnace??? Or can AIOP do this instead?
The collaborators should be in touch with me via email: email@example.com
or 845-399-2502 before 7PM NY time.