Friday, February 23, 2018

TEXT: NEW AGING: LECTURE AND PANEL AT MOMA, Curated by Paola Antonelli and Erica Petrillo.

THE NEW AGING  MOMA  SALON 22




TEXT:  NEW AGING: LECTURE AND PANEL AT MOMA,  Curated by Paola Antonelli and Erica Petrillo. January 22, 2018.
There were four other women lecturers and I represented the artist's take on the subject of aging and illustrated my process via videos that featured sickness/nursing home care/ nursing homes in India/aging looked at humorously. I also talked about the DEMENTIA VILLAGES in Europe which duplicate real villages that allow dementia/Alzheimer patients to meander in them without getting "lost." Safe aging. My presentation ended with documents of my work with chickens and text about nursing homes in England and New Zealand that give their clients a pet chicken to hold/rock/feed/watch/clean up after so that they can earn the title of HENSIONER. My presentation was interactive, per usual, with the audience making sounds/laughing/imitating chickens. LINDA MARY MONTANO


 Salon22

No comments:

Post a Comment