THE THREE P'S: PERMISSION TO PERFORM , NOT PUNISH
A class that gives 100% PERMISSION for the participants to mentor my PERFORMANCES/films/writings but to also examine current laws addressing copyright/intellectual property/estate planning/legal accountability so as not to be PUNISHED by the art-legal system. Or, it is better to know than to be PUNISHED!!!!
Currently we are experiencing a climate of free use/open door internet unlimited PERMISSION(for awhile??) and concurrently are sometimes the recepient of litigious threats from high powered lawyers for making "publishing sins" or legal blunders/misconceptions in our art practice.(Name yours here___________________________________________________.)
This class will examine:
2. COPYRIGHT & view MONTANO'S website.
3.IRS DEDUCTIONS & MONTANO'S WEBSITE, participants' class performances based on Montano's influences and one other influence.
4. COPYRIGHT LAWS & a film by Montano; participants' class performances.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & film by Montano; participants' class performances.
6. PUBLIC DOMAIN& MONTANOS BOOK: ART IN EVERYDAY LIFE; participants' class performances.
7. INFRINGEMENT & film by Montano ; participants' class performances.
8. CONTRACTS & BOOK BY MONTANO: PERFORMANCE ARTISTS TALKING IN THE 80'S ;participants' class performances.
9. INTERNET PROTECTION & film by Montano: class peresentations of INTERVIEWS OF A LAWYER OR ARTIST BY PARTICIPANTS.
10 DUPLICATING PEOPLE & film by Montano: continue class presentations of INTERVIEWS WITH A LAWYER OR ARTIST.
11.SALE OF ART; &book by Montano LETTERS FROM LINDA M MONTANO; participants' class performances.
12.SOURCE MATERIAL &film by Montano: class performances based on Montano's book.
13. CONSIGNMENT & final projects
14 Final projects, summary, ending.
(Presentations of performances can be by physical actions/video/dvd/cd/internet etc)
WEB INFO ON PERFORMANCE ARTISTS
ART IN EVERYDAY LIFE
PERFORMANCE ARTISTS TALKING IN THE 80'S
LETTERS FROM LINDA M MONTANO
art law references ON INTERNET
ART LAW CONVERSATIONS by ELIZABETH T RUSSELL
845 246 4482